First-Time Home Buyers
Buying Your First Home
It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of buying a new home. But we know it can also be challenging to find and buy a home that really matches your needs.
One of the most exciting parts of buying a home can be the first “walk-thru”. Here are some tips to make that “walk-thru” count.
- Bring a notebook to jot down your impressions for what you like and/or dislike
- Feel free to ask any questions you have about the home or the neighborhood
- Be sure to share your impressions and questions with your Exclusive Buyer Agent
- You may find a home that’s just right for you very quickly or you may have to look at more homes to find a good match. Either way your agent is there to help you.
To learn more, get our free E-book “How to Buy a Home Like a Pro”. It has a wealth of information for both the first-time and experienced home buyer.
Real Estate Savvy
There are a few critical principles that can make finding your new home faster, easier, and more effective.
First – Get Your Agent.
The most important step in finding and buying a home is finding the right real estate agent. You need an Exclusive Buyer Agent. An Exclusive Buyer Agent is an agent that is completely devoted to the buyer. They do not sell homes or work for an agency that sells homes. Traditional agents not only work on the buyers behalf, but the seller too! This conflict of interest is dangerous for the home buyer!
As Exclusive Buyer Agents we have no conflict of interest with home sellers, so we can:
- Save you money in negotiating the best price and terms – both before and after a home inspection.
- Find you the best selection of homes to choose from, regardless of who the selling agent is or if the home is even listed.
- Offer complete dedication to you as a buyer.
Second – Let Your Agent Work for you.
Never call the number on a For Sale sign or call the listing agent directly. Remember, the agent selling the property cannot represent your best interests. See the Hidden Real Estate Danger for more information.
Always let your Exclusive Buyer Agent to handle contacts with any seller or seller’s agent – even at an open house.